Topics - Dr. Gary Lacefield
RESPA Rules Revealed: What You Need to Know about Kickbacks - Fair Housing - Fair Lending!
1/2 Day - Full Day
Day-in and day-out, lenders and Realtors® are presented with situations in which rules and laws specified by HUD can easily be violated - without even knowing it. RESPA may be the least understood and most violated real estate law in the country.
Compliance with RESPA can be made simple if professionals are simply aware of the general rules and how HUD interprets them.
RESPA training by Dr. Lacefield, an ex-HUD official, gives mortgage companies, originators, Realtors® and builders clarity to stay in the good graces of HUD and other government regulators.
Hire Dr. Lacefield not only for your association or company meetings, but also hold a seminar with your local real estate agents and builders. Invite them to learn about a law that affects everyone involved in the settlement process.
Here's what you will learn:
- The history of RESPA and how it affects you.
- Kickbacks - What's legal and what's not!
- A review of the 12 sections of the law.
- Eliminating lending practices that give the appearance of discrimination.
- What you need to do to comply with the Fair Housing and Equal Credit Laws.
- How HUD handles complaints & violations.
- Quality control issues.
- How to detect fraud.