Topics - Tracey Rumsey
Basic Mortgage Training for (Fairly) New Originators
Half-Day ($3,500 + expenses) up to Full-Day ($5,000 + expenses)
Have you hired new mortgage loan officers within the past 6 months? We know that most loan officers and managers want them to learn (right away) how to take loan applications, complete the 1003 and start calling on real estate agents.
However, we find that within 6 months to a year, almost 70% of new officers will either flounder (and never achieve real success) or will quit the business entirely.
The main reason? They become frustrated because they never learned the "basics".
If you've recently added loan officers and processors to your staff (or you need to hire someone for mortgage association conferences) then you need to hire Tracey Rumsey.
Here's what you will learn:
- The History of Mortgage Lending
- How Loans are Processed & Closed
- How the Secondary Market Works
- Responsibilities of a Loan Originator
- What Underwriters Look For
- Loan Programs & Determining Which Buyers Fit What Program
- Assessing Risk
- Taking the Application: What every line of the 1003 means
- Ethics & Responsible Lending
Yes, it's expensive to train new hires, but it's even MORE costly if they screw up!
Saving the Deal: Proactive Lending Practices That Build Your Bottom Line
60-90 minutes ($2,200 + expenses)
What if you could get one more deal approved this month because you knew how to put deals together to get them closed? Would it make a difference in your income? Give yourself an instant “raise” by incorporating Tracey’s Proactive Lending Practices into your business. Remember, it’s not about interest rates any more—it’s if you can get the deal approved!
You will see immediate results in your ability to:
- Work smart by updating your guideline knowledge.
Tracey interprets guideline-speak from Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA, and USDA and translates it into the language of origination and loan processing. There will be special emphasis on FHA, the hottest lending ticket in town.
- Save marketing dollars by getting Realtors to come to you.
Tracey provides you with Realtor targeted flyers, emails, and tools to establish yourself as their best resource for knowledge and mortgage services.
- Recognize and overcome deal killers.
Spotting hurdles in the beginning of a transaction is key to on-time successful closings. You will learn how to screen transactions quickly for potential problems and teach your Realtors to do the same.
- Quickly identify time-wasting transactions.
Nobody wins when time is wasted. Learn to shut down the process before it gets too far and costs you time and your client’s money.
Every attendee will receive handouts including:
- Proactive Procedure Checklist
- Realtor flyers on the latest mortgage industry changes
- FHA and VA Underwriting Matrices
- Realtor FHA and VA Property Condition Screening Checklists
- List of website links for access to U.S. Bankruptcy Filings, FHA and VA Handbooks, Military and Federal Civilian Employee pay tables, FHA loan limits, FHA Condo Approval Lookup, and more!
Many of these items are customizable and will be made available to the attendees via email immediately following the event.
More than ever, today’s market has real estate agents fed up with “big promise, no deliver” loan officers. It’s survival of the smartest and you can be the hero! (Tights and cape are optional….)